If you’re a Sri Lankan citizen planning to visit Vietnam, getting a visa is a necessary process. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about getting a Vietnam visa from Sri Lanka.
Who Needs a Vietnam Visa from Sri Lanka?
All Sri Lankan citizens traveling to Vietnam for any purpose, including tourism, business, or study, are required to obtain a visa. This includes both short-term and long-term visits.
What Types of Visas are Available?
There are two main types of visas available for Sri Lankan travelers to Vietnam: the e-visa and the traditional paper visa. The e-visa is applied for online and is valid for up to 30 days, while the traditional paper visa can be obtained from the Vietnamese Embassy in Colombo and is valid for up to one year.
When Should You Apply for a Vietnam Visa?
It’s recommended that you apply for your Vietnam visa at least one month before your planned departure date. This will allow you enough time to complete the application process and receive your visa before your trip.
How to Get a Vietnam Visa for Sri Lankan Passport Holders?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Vietnam visa from Sri Lanka:
- Determine which type of visa you need (e-visa or paper visa).
- Prepare the required documents, including a valid passport, passport-sized photo, and visa application form.
- If applying for an e-visa, submit your application online and pay the fee.
- If applying for a paper visa, visit the Vietnamese Embassy in Colombo with your documents and pay the fee.
- Wait for your visa to be processed and sent to you.
Pros and Cons of Getting a Vietnam Visa
- Allows you to legally enter and stay in Vietnam
- Valid for a set period of time, so you can plan your trip accordingly
- Available in both e-visa and paper visa options
- Requires time and effort to apply for the visa
- Can be expensive depending on the type of visa you need
- Your application may be denied if you don’t meet the requirements.
Alternatives to Getting a Vietnam Visa
If you’re looking for alternatives to getting a Vietnam visa, there are a few options to consider. Sri Lankan citizens can visit several countries without a visa or obtain a visa on arrival in some countries. However, Vietnam is not one of these countries.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Vietnam E-Visa
If you’ve decided to apply for an e-visa, here’s a detailed guide on how to do it:
- Visit the official Vietnam e-Visa website.
- Fill out the online application form with your personal information.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport bio page and a passport photo.
- Pay the e-visa fee using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for your e-visa to be processed and sent to you via email.
How to Compare Different Types of Vietnam Visas
When comparing different types of Vietnam visas, consider factors such as visa validity, cost, and processing time. The traditional paper visa is more expensive but is valid for up to one year, while the e-visa is cheaper but only valid for up to 30 days.
Tips for Getting a Vietnam Visa from Sri Lanka
- Apply for your visa well in advance of your planned travel dates.
- Make sure all your documents are complete and accurate before submitting your application.
- Double-check the visa requirements to avoid any mistakes or omissions.
The Best Way to Get a Vietnam Visa from Sri Lanka
The best way to get a Vietnam visa from Sri Lanka is to apply for it online through the official Vietnam e-Visa website. This option is fast, convenient, and available 24/7.
- Is it possible to get a visa on arrival in Vietnam?
No, Sri Lankan citizens are not eligible for a visa on arrival in Vietnam. You must obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam.
- Can I apply for a Vietnam visa by mail?
No, you must apply for a Vietnam visa in person at the Vietnamese Embassy in Colombo or online via the e-Visa website.
- How much does a Vietnam visa cost for Sri Lankan citizens?
The cost of a Vietnam visa varies depending on the type of visa you need. The e-visa fee is $25, while the traditional paper visa fee ranges from $80 to $130.
- How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa application?
Processing times vary depending on the type of visa you apply for. E-visas are processed within 3 business days, while traditional paper visas can take up to 10 business days.
- Can I extend my Vietnam visa while in Vietnam?
Yes, it is possible to extend your Vietnam visa while in Vietnam by contacting the Vietnamese Immigration Department. However, this process can be time-consuming and requires additional documentation.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Sri Lanka is an essential step if you plan to visit Vietnam for any purpose. The process can seem daunting, but with the information provided in this guide, you can prepare yourself adequately and apply for the visa easily. Remember to allow yourself enough time before your trip to avoid any delays or complications in the application process.