If you’re planning to visit Vietnam visa from Mauritius, one of the things you’ll need is a visa. Applying for a Vietnam visa can be a confusing and overwhelming process, but this guide will break it down into easy-to-follow steps.
1. What are the Types of Vietnam Visas Available?
There are two types of visas available for Mauritius citizens who want to visit Vietnam:
- Tourist visa: This type of visa is suitable for those who plan to stay in Vietnam for less than 30 days and only for tourism purposes.
- Business visa: This type of visa is suitable for those who plan to stay in Vietnam for business purposes such as attending conferences, seminars or meetings.
2. How Long Can You Get a Visa for Vietnam?
The length of your Vietnam visa will depend on the type of visa you apply for. For tourist visas, you can get a single-entry visa that allows you to stay for up to 30 days or a multiple-entry visa that allows you to stay for up to 90 days.
For business visas, you can apply for a single-entry visa that allows you to stay for up to 90 days or a multiple-entry visa that allows you to stay for up to one year.
You can apply for a Vietnam visa from Mauritius in one of two ways:
Option 1: Apply for a Vietnam Visa Online
This is the easiest and most convenient way to apply for a Vietnam visa. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Vietnam e-Visa website and fill out the application form. Make sure all the information you provide is accurate.
- Upload a passport photo and a scanned copy of your passport.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit card.
- Wait for your e-Visa to be processed and sent to your email address. This typically takes 3-5 business days.
Option 2: Apply for a Vietnam Visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Mauritius
If you prefer to apply for a Vietnam visa in person, you can do so at the Vietnam Embassy in Mauritius. Follow these steps:
- Download and fill out the visa application form from the embassy’s website.
- Gather all the required documents, including your passport, passport photo, and visa fee.
- Bring the application form and documents to the Vietnam Embassy in Mauritius.
- Wait for your visa to be processed. This typically takes 3-5 business days.
4. What Documents Do You Need to Apply for a Vietnam Visa?
To apply for a Vietnam visa, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- A passport-sized photo taken within the last six months
- The visa application form (if applying in person)
- The visa fee payment (if applying in person)
5. How Much Does a Vietnam Visa Cost?
The cost of a Vietnam visa will depend on the type of visa you apply for and where you apply. Here are the fees for applying for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Mauritius:
- Single-entry tourist visa: $80 USD
- Multiple-entry tourist visa: $135 USD
- Single-entry business visa: $140 USD
- Multiple-entry business visa: $205 USD
If you apply for a visa online, the fees may vary slightly. Make sure to check the Vietnam e-Visa website for the latest fees.
Getting a Vietnam visa from Mauritius is not as difficult as it may seem. By following these simple steps, you can obtain your visa quickly and easily, allowing you to enjoy everything that Vietnam has to offer.
- Can I apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival if I’m traveling from Mauritius?
No, you cannot apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival if you’re traveling from Mauritius. You must apply for your visa in advance either online or at the Vietnam Embassy in Mauritius.
- How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa application?
If you apply for your visa online, it typically takes 3-5 business days to process. If you apply in person at the Vietnam Embassy in Mauritius, it also takes 3-5 business days to process.
- Can I extend my Vietnam visa once I’m in the country?
Yes, you can extend your Vietnam visa once you’re in the country. Contact the Immigration Department of Vietnam for more information.
- Do I need a visa if I’m only transiting through Vietnam?
No, you don’t need a visa if you’re only transiting through Vietnam and will not be leaving the airport.
- Can I get a refund if my Vietnam visa application is denied?
No, the visa fee is non-refundable even if your application is denied.