Planning a trip to Vietnam from Malaysia in 2023? Getting a visa ready is one of the most important things you have to do before leaving. In this guide, we will provide you with all the necessary information and steps to obtain a Vietnam visa from Malaysia in 2023.
Why Do You Need A Visa To Visit Vietnam?
Vietnam requires visitors from many countries, including Malaysia, to obtain a visa before entering the country. A visa is essentially a government authorization that allows you to enter, stay, and leave the country for a specific period.
Types of Vietnam Visas Available for Malaysians
There are several types of Vietnam visas available to Malaysians based on their travel purpose and duration of stay. These include:
1. Tourist Visa
The tourist visa is suitable for those visiting Vietnam for tourism purposes such as sightseeing, exploring, and experiencing the local culture. It is valid for either a single-entry or multiple entries within 30 days or 90 days.
2. Business Visa
If you are traveling to Vietnam for business-related activities such as attending meetings, exhibitions, or conferences, then the business visa is the right choice for you. It is valid for either a single-entry or multiple entries within 30 days or 90 days.
3. Student Visa
If you plan to study in Vietnam for more than three months, then you should apply for a student visa. The student visa is generally valid for up to one year, and you may extend it while studying.
4. Work Permit
A work permit is required if you plan to work legally in Vietnam. To obtain a work permit, you must first obtain a job offer from a Vietnamese employer, and they will typically assist you in obtaining a work permit.
There are two ways to obtain a Vietnam visa from Malaysia in 2023: online and offline.
1. Online Application
The online application process is the most convenient and straightforward way to obtain a Vietnam visa. Follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the Vietnamese embassy in Malaysia.
- Click on the “Apply Visa Online” button and follow the instructions.
- Fill out the application form and submit it.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Receive your visa approval letter via email within three business days.
- Print out the visa approval letter and bring it with you when you travel to Vietnam.
- Get your visa stamped at the airport upon arrival in Vietnam.
2. Offline Application
If you prefer to apply for a Vietnam visa offline, you can visit the Vietnamese embassy in Kuala Lumpur. Here are the steps:
- Download the visa application form from the Vietnamese embassy’s website or pick up a hard copy at the embassy.
- Fill out the application form and attach all necessary documents, including your passport, two passport-sized photos, and visa fees.
- Submit your application in person or by mail to the embassy.
- Wait for your visa to be processed, which takes about five business days.
- Collect your visa in person or have it mailed back to you.
How Much Does A Vietnam Visa Cost for Malaysians?
The cost of a Vietnam visa for Malaysians depends on the type of visa, duration of stay, and method of application. The average cost ranges from $20 to $200. Here are the estimated costs for each type of visa:
- Tourist visa: $25 – $135
- Business visa: $75 – $200
- Student visa: $150 – $170
- Work permit: $100 – $250
Tips For Applying For A Vietnam Visa From Malaysia
To ensure a successful visa application, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Apply for your visa at least one month before your travel date.
- Double-check that you have filled out all the required documents and information correctly.
- Choose the appropriate visa type based on your travel purpose and duration of stay.
- Check the validity of your passport and make sure it has at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry into Vietnam.
In summary, obtaining a Vietnam visa from Malaysia in 2023 is a straightforward process. Malaysian citizens can choose from various visa types and apply either online or offline. Be sure to follow the guidelines and tips mentioned in this guide for a smooth and hassle-free experience.
Q1. Do I need to provide proof of accommodation when applying for a Vietnam visa?
A1. No, you do not need to provide proof of accommodation when applying for a Vietnam visa.
Q2. What if my visa application is rejected?
A2. If your visa application is rejected, you can appeal the decision or reapply with more supporting documents.