Travelling to Vietnam from Indonesia requires obtaining a valid visa. Vietnam visas are issued by the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Indonesia or through online visa services. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about getting a Vietnam visa from Indonesia.
1. Vietnam Visa Requirements for Indonesian Citizens
Indonesian citizens are required to obtain a visa before travelling to Vietnam. The following are the Vietnam visa requirements for Indonesian citizens:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- A completed Vietnam visa application form
- One passport-sized photo (4cm x 6cm)
- Visa fee payment
- An invitation letter (for business visas)
2. Types of Vietnam Visas Available for Indonesian Citizens
Vietnam offers several types of visas, including tourist, business, and transit visas. The type of visa you need depends on the purpose of your visit. Here is a breakdown of the different types of visas available:
- Tourist visa: This type of visa is suitable for tourists who plan to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days.
- Business visa: This type of visa is for individuals who plan to conduct business in Vietnam.
- Transit visa: This type of visa is for individuals who need to pass through Vietnam to reach their final destination.
3. Vietnam Visa Application Process for Indonesian Citizens
The Vietnam visa application process for Indonesian citizens can be done in two ways: through the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Indonesia or through an online visa service. Here is a step-by-step guide for both options:
Applying at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Indonesia
- Download and complete the visa application form.
- Prepare the necessary documents listed above.
- Submit the application form and documents to the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Indonesia.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Wait for the visa processing time, which can take up to five business days.
Applying through an Online Visa Service
- Visit the official website of a reputable online visa service provider.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload the necessary documents listed above.
- Pay the visa fee online.
- Receive the Vietnam visa approval letter via email within two business days.
- Print the approval letter and bring it along with your passport and photo to the Vietnamese airport immigration office to get your visa stamped.
4. Vietnam Visa Costs for Indonesian Citizens
The Vietnam visa cost for Indonesian citizens depends on the type of visa and the length of stay. Here is a breakdown of the fees:
- Tourist visa: $25 for single entry and $50 for multiple entries.
- Business visa: $70 for single entry and $100 for multiple entries.
- Transit visa: $15 for single entry and $30 for multiple entries.
Additionally, there may be additional fees for expedited processing or other services.
5. Vietnam Visa Extension for Indonesian Citizens
Indonesian citizens are allowed to extend their Vietnam visa for up to 30 days beyond the original expiry date. To extend your visa, you must apply at least seven days before your current visa expires. The cost of the extension varies depending on the visa type and the length of the extension.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Indonesia is a straightforward process that requires the necessary documents and fees. Whether you choose to apply through the embassy or consulate or through an online visa service, make sure to carefully follow each step of the application process. With your valid visa in hand, you can explore all the beauty that Vietnam has to offer.
- How long does it take to obtain a Vietnam visa from Indonesia? Typically, the processing time for a Vietnam visa application is between two and five business days.
- Can I apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival if I am an Indonesian citizen? Yes, Indonesian citizens can apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival through online visa services.
- Do I need an invitation letter to obtain a Vietnamese business visa? Yes, an invitation letter is required for obtaining a Vietnamese business visa.
- Can I extend my Vietnam visa while in the country? Yes, Indonesian citizens can extend their Vietnam visa for up to 30 days beyond the original expiry date.
- What happens if my Vietnam visa application is denied? If your Vietnam visa application is denied, you will receive a notification explaining the reasons for the denial. You may be able to reapply with additional documentation or appeal the decision.