Are you a German passport holder planning to visit Vietnam soon? If so, you will need a visa to enter the country. In this article, we will guide you through the process of obtaining a Vietnam visa from Germany, including the types of visas available, the cost, and the application procedure.
Types of Vietnam Visas Available for German Citizens
There are two types of Vietnam visas available for German citizens:
- Visa on Arrival (VOA): This type of visa is issued upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports. You can apply for a VOA online through a travel agency or a visa service provider before your departure. The VOA is suitable for those entering Vietnam by air.
- Vietnam Embassy Visa: This type of visa must be obtained before your departure from Germany. You can apply for a Vietnam embassy visa at the Vietnam embassy in Berlin or the consulate general in Frankfurt. This visa is suitable for those entering Vietnam by land, sea, or air.
Vietnam Visa Exemption for German Citizens
German citizens who plan on staying in Vietnam for less than 15 days are exempted from obtaining a visa if they meet the following criteria:
- The purpose of their visit is tourism, family visit, or social visit.
- They have a valid passport with at least six months’ validity remaining.
- Their arrival date in Vietnam is no later than 30 days from the exit date of their previous visit to Vietnam using the visa exemption policy.
Vietnam Visa Cost for German Citizens
The cost of a Vietnam visa for German citizens varies depending on the type of visa and the length of stay. Here are the estimated costs:
- Visa on Arrival: The cost of a VOA ranges from $25 to $50 for a single-entry visa and $50 to $95 for a multiple-entry visa.
- Vietnam Embassy Visa: The cost of a Vietnam embassy visa ranges from €60 to €150 for a single-entry visa and €80 to €300 for a multiple-entry visa.
Please note that the above costs are subject to change without notice. We recommend checking with the respective embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
To apply for a VOA, follow these steps:
- Visit a reputable travel agency or visa service provider’s website and fill out the online application form.
- Pay the visa processing fee through a secure payment gateway.
- Receive the visa approval letter via email within 2-3 business days.
- Print the approval letter and prepare two passport-sized photos, your passport, and the stamping fee (in cash) to present upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam.
Applying for a Vietnam Embassy Visa
To apply for a Vietnam embassy visa, follow these steps:
- Download and fill out the visa application form from the embassy or consulate’s website.
- Prepare two passport-sized photos, your passport, and the visa fee in cash.
- Submit the documents to the Vietnam embassy in Berlin or the consulate general in Frankfurt.
- Wait for 3-5 business days to receive your visa and passport back by mail or pick them up at the embassy/consulate.
Tips for a Smooth Vietnam Visa Application Process
- Apply for the visa as early as possible to avoid any delays or complications.
- Double-check all the information on the application form before submitting it.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the date you plan to enter Vietnam.
- Bring enough cash to pay for the visa stamping fee upon arrival if you are applying for a VOA.
- Observe the expiration date of your visa to avoid overstaying, which may result in a fine or deportation.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Germany is a straightforward process, whether you choose a VOA or a Vietnam embassy visa. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free visa application process and enjoy your trip to Vietnam to the fullest.
- Do German citizens need a visa to visit Vietnam? Yes, German citizens need a visa to enter Vietnam unless they are eligible for visa exemption.
- How long can I stay in Vietnam with a visa? The length of stay depends on the type of visa you have obtained. A single-entry visa allows you to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days, while a multiple-entry visa allows you to stay for up to 90 days per entry.
- Can I extend my Vietnam visa after arrival? Yes, it is possible to extend your Vietnam visa after arrival. You can apply for an extension at the Vietnam Immigration Department or through a travel agency.
- What documents do I need to apply for a Vietnam visa? The required documents include a completed application form,passport-sized photos, a valid passport with at least six months’ validity remaining, and the visa fee.
- What if my Vietnam visa application is denied? If your Vietnam visa application is denied, you will need to contact the embassy or consulate for further information on how to proceed. In some cases, you may be able to appeal the decision or reapply for the visa after addressing the issues that led to the denial.