Are you a Bhutanese citizen planning to visit Vietnam soon? If so, you may need to obtain a visa before your trip. In this article, we will explain in detail how to get a Vietnam visa from Bhutan. We’ll cover everything from the requirements and application process to the pros and cons of different methods of obtaining a visa.
Who Needs a Vietnam Visa?
If you are a Bhutanese citizen planning to visit Vietnam for tourism, business, or study purposes, you will need a visa to enter the country. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as citizens of certain countries who are eligible for a visa exemption or visa on arrival. However, Bhutanese citizens are not eligible for these options and must obtain a visa before their trip.
What are the Types of Vietnam Visas Available?
There are several types of Vietnam visas available depending on the purpose of your visit. The most common types of visas for Bhutanese citizens include:
- Tourist visa – for those visiting Vietnam for tourism purposes
- Business visa – for those traveling to Vietnam for business purposes
- Student visa – for those studying in Vietnam
- Transit visa – for those passing through Vietnam on their way to another country
When Should I Apply for a Vietnam Visa?
It’s recommended that you apply for your Vietnam visa at least 1-2 months before your planned trip. This allows enough time for processing and potential delays. However, it’s possible to obtain a visa in as little as 2-3 business days if you use an expedited service.
There are three ways to apply for a Vietnam visa as a Bhutanese citizen:
- Through the Vietnamese embassy in Bhutan
- Through an online visa agency
- Via Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Applying through the Vietnamese Embassy in Bhutan
To apply for a Vietnam visa through the Vietnamese embassy near Bhutan, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Contact the embassy to confirm the requirements and schedule an appointment.
- Collect required documents such as passport, completed application form, photos, and visa fee.
- Attend the appointment with the embassy and submit your application.
- Wait for the embassy to process your application and issue the visa.
Applying through an Online Visa Agency
If you prefer to apply for your Vietnam visa online, you can use an approved visa agency. The steps for this process include:
- Choose a reputable visa agency and complete their online application form.
- Submit the required documents and pay the visa fee.
- Wait for the agency to process your application and send you the visa approval letter via email.
- Print out the approval letter and take it with you to Vietnam to receive your physical visa.
Applying via Visa on Arrival (VOA)
If you choose to apply for a VOA, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Find a reputable visa agent in Vietnam who can arrange a pre-approval letter for you.
- Submit the required documents and pay the service fee to the agent.
- Print out the pre-approval letter and take it with you to Vietnam.
- On arrival in Vietnam, present the pre-approval letter along with a completed application form and passport photo at the VOA counter to receive your physical visa.
Pros and Cons of Different Methods for Getting a Vietnam Visa
Each method of obtaining a Vietnam visa has its own pros and cons. Here are some considerations for each option:
- Direct contact with embassy officials
- Can receive visa before leaving Bhutan
- Require physical visit to embassy
- Processing time can be longer
- No online payment option
Online Visa Agency
- Convenience of applying from home
- Fast processing times
- Online payment option
- Additional service fees
- Reliance on third-party agency
Visa on Arrival
- Fast processing time
- No need to visit embassy or send passport
- Only pay visa fee upon arrival
- Risk of scams or frauds
- Potential long wait times at airport -No guarantee of visa approval upon arrival
Alternatives to Getting a Vietnam Visa from Bhutan
If you’re not comfortable with the process of obtaining a Vietnam visa from Bhutan, there are a few alternatives to consider. These include:
- Traveling to a neighboring country and applying for a Vietnam visa there.
- Applying for an eVisa if it becomes available for Bhutanese citizens.
- Joining a tour group that provides visa assistance.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying for a Vietnam Visa from Bhutan
Here is a step-by-step guide to applying for a Vietnam visa from Bhutan through an online visa agency:
- Choose a reputable visa agency and navigate to their website.
- Select the type of visa you need and fill out the online application form.
- Upload all required documents such as passport copy and passport-sized photograph.
- Pay the visa service fee using the online payment system provided by the visa agency.
- Wait for the visa agency to process your application and send you the visa approval letter via email within 2-3 business days.
- Print out the visa approval letter and prepare two passport-sized photographs.
- Bring all necessary documents including the visa approval letter, photographs, and original passport to the Vietnamese airport on the day of your trip.
- Present all documents at the Visa on Arrival counter and pay the visa stamping fee in cash.
- Receive your physical visa and enter Vietnam.
Comparison of Different Types of Vietnam Visas
Here’s a comparison table of the different types of Vietnam visas available for Bhutanese citizens:
|Type of Visa||Purpose||Validity||Entry||Extendable|
|Tourist||Tourism||1 month or 3 months||Single or multiple||Yes|
|Business||Business purposes||1 month or 3 months||Single or multiple||Yes|
|Student||Study purposes||Up to 12 months||Single or multiple||Yes|
|Transit||Passing through Vietnam||Up to 5 days||Single||No|
Tips for Getting a Vietnam Visa from Bhutan
Here are some tips to help you apply for and obtain your Vietnam visa:
- Check the requirements carefully to ensure that you have all necessary documents before applying.
- Apply for your visa well in advance to avoid potential delays.
- Consider using an online visa agency for faster processing times.
- Be wary of scams or fraudulent websites offering visa services.
- Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry into Vietnam.
The Best Method for Getting a Vietnam Visa from Bhutan
The best method for obtaining a Vietnam visa from Bhutan depends on your personal preferences and circumstances. If you prefer a direct and official option, the Vietnamese embassy may be the best choice. If you value convenience and speed, an online visa agency may be more suitable. However, if you’re willing to take a risk and seek fast processing time, the VOA option might work for you.
FAQs about Getting a Vietnam Visa from Bhutan
Q1. Do I need a visa to visit Vietnam as a Bhutanese citizen?
- Yes, Bhutanese citizens require a visa to enter Vietnam.
Q2. Can I get a visa on arrival in Vietnam?
- Yes, Bhutanese citizens can obtain a visa on arrival if they have a pre-approval letter arranged by a local travel agent.
Q3. How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa application?
- Processing times vary depending on the method of application. It can take anywhere from 2-3 business days to several weeks.
Q4. What documents do I need to submit with my visa application?
- Required documents include a completed application form, passport copy, passport-sized photo, and visa fee payment.
Q5. Can I extend my Vietnam visa while in the country?
- Yes, most types of Vietnam visas are extendable for an additional fee.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Bhutan may seem like a daunting task, but it’s a necessary step for any Bhutanese citizen planning to visit Vietnam. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can make the process as smooth and hassle-free as possible. Whether you choose to apply through the Vietnamese embassy, an online visa agency, or via VOA, always ensure that you have all required documents and follow the guidelines carefully. Happy travels!